JOIN THE BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND
SANCTIONS CAMPAIGN AGAINST ISRAEL
Boycott, Divestment and Sanction (BDS) movement to challenge Israeli
apartheid is gaining momentum throughout the world. BDS is a
non-violent form of resistance, which played an instrumental role
against South African apartheid in the 1980’s. It’s simple: as long as
Israel continues to violate human rights, no city, state, country, or
company should invest in or support it.
The U.S. gives it $3 billion in military aid per year and billions more in indirect economic aid. Those of us in the U.S. have a particular responsibility to do our part in advancing the BDS movement.
In 2005 Palestinian Civil Society called for all peoples of conscience to impose broad boycotts and implement divestment initiatives against Israel until it meets its obligations to recognize the Palestinian peoples inalienable rights to self-determination by:
- Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall
- Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality; and
- Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN resolution 194.
The Los Angeles BDS is seeking to bring an end to Veolia's complicity in Israel's crimes
Veolia is a multinational French company that:
- operates segregated busses serving segregated, illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories
- has designed and is building the Jerusalem Light Rail project connecting illegal settlements in the West Bank to Israel, thereby entrenching and expanding the occupation and colonization of Paletinian lands
- assists in transporting and dumping Israeli waste in
landfills in the occupied territories,
Did you know that the company operating the bus you ride may be complicit in apartheid? Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) has several contracts with Veolia...
Join us in saying “no” to Los Angeles’ support of Israeli apartheid.
Tell the Mayor and the Los Angeles DOT:
- No business with apartheid states
- No business with companies that support state-sponsored apartheid
Help build a grassroots anti-Apartheid movement in Los Angeles! Take part in the campaign to end Apartheid. Again.
For information email us at: email@example.com
links:The Israel Divestment Campaign
Is Israel an Apartheid State?